Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PROMPT # 2 beginning your story

TRY THIS: Before you get to know the signs and planets, set about exploring through the written word. What you write now will make a lot of sense later as you learn key phrases for the signs. Right now, don't even think about signs or planets. Right now, write your story or A story in twelve parts. Begin each part with one of the phrases below. I suggest you take them in order as they appear here.

ONE:  I AM... (who? what? Finish the sentence -- elaborate as much as you want. Invent. Tell the truth or tell it slant. Outright lie if you want -- this is your chance to find out a few things and sometimes the truest truth is found in fiction. Give yourself permission to say it like you want to say it).

TWO:  I HAVE... (What do you value? How does what you own affect how you see your self?)

THREE: I THINK... (Tell me about your siblings who helped form your way of thinking. Tell me about your local environment. Who are your neighbors? How do you communicate? What do you think?)

FOUR: I FEEL... (Tell me about your childhood. What kind of conditioning have you had? Tell me about habits. Moods. Your Mom. Your home.)

FIVE: I WILL... (I mean here, to will -- things you will to happen. Your will. If things happened according to your will, what would happen? What wouldn't happen? What do you do ON PURPOSE? What kind of risks have you taken? Tell me about your children? Tell me about your creative efforts? Tell me about your romances. Tell me about your best friend.)

SIX: I SERVE... (How do you give service -- what kind of work, what kind of caring do you give? How do you heal the world?)

SEVEN: I RELATE.. 0r I UNITE... (How do you find balance? How do you solve conflict? What causes you to lose balance? What kind of conflicts do you attract? Who is your perfect "other"?)

EIGHT: I DESIRE... (how do you deal with other people's energy? What do you desire? For what are you passionate?)

NINE: I SEEK... (What is foreign to your upbringing? What new things do you learn? What is your philosophy? Tell me about travel and religion and higher learning.)

TEN: I BUILD... or I AM SEEN AS...( How does the world see you? What do you build? In what way do you make your mark in the world?)

ELEVEN:  I ASPIRE... (What are your goals and aspirations? In what ways do you reach higher? Tell me about organizations and groups that you have joined or would like to join. What kind of awards might you win? In what way do you want to receive admiration?)

TWELVE: I UNDERSTAND -- and sometimes I LET GO (In what way do you serve the universal good? How are you part of the collective? What kind of things have been hidden from you? Tell me about repression? In what ways have you been your own worst enemy. How has this brought you understanding?)

In the next post, an alternative way of writing this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment