Your planets are generally listed beginning with the Sun, which represents your conscious mind, your ego-self, your basic characteristics, your will and life force. Think of the Sun as the central you. If your Sun could shine its true light, this would be the light you would shine. Some astrologers believe it is the force you grow into. When you read the message of the horoscopes, you are reading a generalization about your sun's sign. What you read may or may not be true, depending on other notes in your personal story.
One way to become acquainted with the signs is to personalize them. When I think of Libra, I think of my sister. When I think of Capricorn, that's my youngest brother. Gemini is my grandaughter. Pisces is my husband. This is one way to personalize the signs.
That way is not transferable, these make sense only to me. I'm sure you could easily come up with your own list of Sun Signs, but until you do that, I'm going to loan you Twelve ready-made sun-sign personalization characters. These are based on Norse mythology and came to me through my reading THE PROSE EDDA by Snorri Sturluson.
Frigga is the All-Mother, the Goddess, wife of Odin. She is on an even keel with Freya. For this reason, I don't include Freya in my chart of charcters. But as I read of the Twelve Goddesses who were handmaidens to All-Mother, the thought came strongly that they may have once be represented by the twelve astrological signs. All over the world, in all kinds of myths and stories, there are sets of twelve who follow and in some ways, serve, the Thirteenth who is a God or a Goddess. Even in Christian mythology, there are Twelve apostles who follow the man, Jesus and walk in his light.
I was somewhat acquainted with astrology before this, but was just getting to know the Goddess Frigga and her Handmaidens. As I spent the first cycle of the year getting to know them, I saw them through the stories of the signs of astrology.
TRY THIS:
At the top of this blog, there is a very short writing about the Handmaidens of the Sun Signs. Read the short descriptions found there and pay attention to the one who most feels like you.
Now compare what is written about her with your sun sign. I will add more about the Handmaidens at a later date. But for now, take this little note and begin to write about the Goddess of your Sun.
Then explore all you can find on the sign of your Sun and again, write your way toward your basic story. Who are you according to your sun sign?
No comments:
Post a Comment